Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My ring finger and pinky have been numb for 2 weeks! Any idea's on what's going on?

My ring finger and pinky have been numb for 2 weeks! Any idea's on what's going on?
You should see a doctor. I have had both arms operated on for ulnar nerve, cubital tunnel syndrome. Although I had a lot of other problems, my ring fingers and pinkys were numb. I couldn't touch the inside of my elbow, where your funny bone is. It eventually got so bad, I would wake up at night and couldn't find my arms, they were completely numb. Get it checked out and treated now, before it gets too bad. Good luck
Sounds like you might have a pinched nerve. Better get it looked at.
That's a pretty vague question b/c the source of nerve irritation could be anywhere from your wrist all the way up to your brain. Did you hit your elbow or arm on something? Are you taking any meds that affect your nervous system? Do you have any brain issues - eg - trauma, diagnosed cancer? Did you hurt your back in any way?
I'd suggest seeing your primary about this and make sure you give him/her a good history of yourself. Don't leave things out b/c you may think it's irrelevant.

No comments:

Post a Comment