Saturday, October 23, 2010

My 8 month old has a "turned in eye". Is there a cure, treatment, or has anyone had this problem? Any info..!

My 8 month old has a "turned in eye". Is there a cure, treatment, or has anyone had this problem? Any info..!
Probably amblyopia, or lazy eye. I had a lazy eye muscle when i was a kid. It wasn't really obvious unless i was really tired. then the one eye would sort of drift (it would sort of look like i was looking in a different direction in one eye) I had it treated when i was in 5th grade. Sort of like physical therapy for my eye...the eye dr. had me do certain eye exercises to literally strengthen the muscle. It eventally became totally controllable by me. I'm now 34 yrs old and have complete control of it since 5th grade.
The only thing you may want to check out is did your baby have this notably from birth? Sometimes if the baby doesn't use the eye, they may have visual problems. Hopefully your dr is aware of this problem?? If not, get her in for an eye exam to be certain.
Good luck, and it's rarely a major concern with exercises.
I had a lazy eye too until I was about 5 or 6. They tried several different methods, but none worked. I got corrective surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment