Saturday, October 23, 2010

My doctor just precribed me Topamax for migraines...?

After reading about it on the internet, I'm afraid to start taking them.
Can anyone tell me if it is ok to take, or if the side effects are too bad.My doctor just precribed me Topamax for migraines...?
Topamax is an excellent med for migraines. Many experience mild if any of the potential side effects listed. Remember: side effects experience are a VERy individual thing (some experience NONE, while others might experience some eceedingly rare side effect, which nonetheless must be reported in the literature).
One additional "plus" to Topamax, is that many folks experience appetite suppression/weight loss. Not sure if that's something that interests you, but it's certainly been a welcome side effect for many.
Go ahead and start your Topamax. If you experience any intolerable side effects, notify your doc.
Best of luck to you,
~M~
This medication can help, but it also has different side affects in different people. It is one of the medications that is not for migraines, but is used for them. After taking it for about 8-9 months, I was losing all short term memory. It was literally driving me crazy. It is up to you, but I feel you need to talk with your Doctor about your concerns. Good luck.
My wife takes Emitrex without ANY side effects.
my wife takes them and they work great. they also have a side effect of weight loss, she likes that part too.

No comments:

Post a Comment