Saturday, October 23, 2010

My Dr's don't want to fill out my disability ppwk. Now what?

I have fibromyalgia and depression. My one doctor wrote a letter stating that I no longer could do the work my current job entails and I took it to work. My company put me on long term disability (LTD). (Mainly, my ability to learn new things is gone and I am in physical pain. Some days I just have to stay in bed. This makes me a rather unreliable employee for any job.)
However, to complete the company's paperwork so that I can begin getting LTD pay (a part of my original salary) , I need to have each of 4 doctors complete a fill-in-the-blank 2-page form.
The doctors do not want to do the form. (Any forms, apparently.)
Is there anything you can suggest? Have you been in this situation? I don't know what to do next.My Dr's don't want to fill out my disability ppwk. Now what?
Well drs dont just fill out paper work with out doing examines get your current dr to refer you to 3 other drs that he knows that will do it
I am on LTD for 8 years now and in the beginning my doctors were a little reluctant to do any paperwork. I just kept calling the office and tried to be nice to the person who answered the phone, telling her my problem. They have to fill out these papers, they can't just say they don't want to, its part of their job. Don't give up. They all hate doing it but it will get done. The thing is you want it now, just like I did.
have you been in hospital for the depression?==If so the numbers of Drs that saw you there are capable of signing the papers as they as a group diagnosed you=give it a try and good luck
Get a lawyer. You are entitiled to it. Call Social Security Disability Law Center, fill out an application, and explain your medical history to them and how your doctors won't sign the forms. Call 1-800-816-0822. They are helping me. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment