Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My jaw makes a popping sound when I eat. What is that all about?

My jaw makes a popping sound when I eat. What is that all about?
I would go see a doctor/dentist *likely a doctor*
I have that, and I have where when I have to take a big bite I have to pop my jaw out a bit to open my mouth fully. At other times my jaw will just ache.
I've been told it is TMJ. Which I'm not sure what that stands for, but the doctors can maybe give you a bite guard to help you at night from grinding your teeth which can sometimes fix the problem. And there are other solutions as well.
Good Luck.
its locked. you have to pop it back into place it may be quite painful
If it only does it some of the time, you might just be chewing at a weird angle. Switch sides or something.
If it happens a lot, you might just have an old jaw injury or something that healed a little funny. Same concept with any other joint that pops.
If it happens a lot and hurts, you might have a more serious injury. I'd go see a doctor.
Here's your answer. Hope it helps. You have to scroll almost to the bottom to find it.
http://www.sportsdoctor.com/chg/dental.h...
Go to your dentist it could be something called TMJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment