Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My jaw always snaps?

I know I have TMJ but I was wondering why my jaw snaps? It feels like it snaps out of place and i have to move my mouth a certain way to snap it back in place. I'm guessing it's the joint moving in and out of place or something like that but does anyone know what causes it to do that? Oh and it's the right side of my jaw doing all the snapping.My jaw always snaps?
that's what happens, it 1st started happenning to me when I was 15
I'm 37 now, don't chew gum anymore & it's not so bad
you answered your own question.
mmmm..go c a doc!!if its not dangerous you could use it to stuff a lot of food in ur mouth and be in the guiness world record!!
Welcome to the world of having TMJ. Your TMJ is the reason your jaw pops. And yes...it is popping out of joint. It will get worse as time goes on and my doc has told me it will eventually lead to arthritis in the jaw which is constantly very painful.
It is likely you are developing temporomandibular joint inflammation from the teeth clenching, or from repetitive chewing (such as gum chewing), so will need to find a solution to the night time problem. The most effective is a night guard made by your dentist to prevent teeth clenching. There are over the counter products you can try, but the fit is not as good as something that is custom made to your mouth.
Try some regular anti-inflammatory medication like naproxen or ibuprofen to try to settle down the current discomfort in the joint.
It is the head of the mandible jumping over the process of the bone posterior to it due to a loose ligament. ( How is that for not using technical language.) If you do not pop it for a long time, maybe it will tighten up. Surgery is possible, but a pain.

  • deleted myspace
  • during the summer
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment