Saturday, October 23, 2010

My dog bit a small part of a zocor tablet will it hurt him?

My dog bit a small part of a zocor tablet will it hurt him?
Sometimes animals can react very differently than humans in response to medication. What are the factors involved? If the dog is a tea cup that would be a lot worse than say if the dog were a Mastiff. Zocor is very hard on the liver. I would call a 24 hour vet and ask.
keep an eye on him/her and offer lots of water
What does Zocor do? If it is something harmful, give your dog a mixture of hydrogen peroxide and water. That will make him/her vomit. Call a vet to get some quick advice. Make the mixture about one swallow of hp followed by a glass or more of water. This is only my opinion. I am not a vet or professional. This is what my vet suggested when my dogs got into some rat poison in the garage. Good luck and God Bless!
My fiance is a pharmacist, and she told me if the dog bit a small part of it, it should not hurt him. Zocor is a cholesterol medicine. Therefore, if you dog has such problems, maybe he will benefit from it. J/K. Just keep an eye on him, and he should be alright. Other person who commented has a good point concering the type of dog. If it is a small dog, then it may be more dangerous. If you have apple juice or some other types juices you think your dog will like, it him drink a good amount of it.
My dog ate a whole pill of that on me once when I dropped it, he was fine. But he was also 100 pounds. I doubt it will hurt the dog unless it's a teacup variety. Best be safe and just call an all night vet and ask, they'll tell you over the phone. Look under vets for a 24 hour open clinic in the yellow pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment