Wednesday, October 20, 2010

My 16 year old grandson is due to have a ilizarov frame fitted .?

Does anyone know if he will be entitled to claim disability allowance as he will have to have the frame on for sometime and will be unable to work etc. Is there anyone who has had one fitted. Thanks.My 16 year old grandson is due to have a ilizarov frame fitted .?
I don't know what that is but you can check with your local social security , or welfare office . If this is not the right place , they will know who to call that CAN help you ! 16 is old enough to work , so probably , I would say so , but they make the rules up as they go along ! I know lots of kids who get checks but I'm never sure why . I think they are "slow or something . But I agree with the other answer too , kids shouldn't get a free check , because a "healthy " kid does not have the opportunity to make their own money yet anyway. But he is 16, and that is working age ,except he is not able to work , so hopefully he will qualify, but it would probably depend on several factors in his particular case . Good luck ! I will pray for him !
Isn't he in school? He doesn't NEED to work. No, a 16 year old can't get disability for an Ilizarov frame. He will be supported by whomever he lives with. If he was over 21 and on his own, then it would be different. He'd be self-supported. But he's not now--he's still a minor..
Many people in Ilizarovs can and do work. Age may be an issue, but I think it would only be possible if he was presently in employment and was certified by his physician as being unable to carry out his regular occupation. If he is in school, then it will not be likely that he will be eligible.

No comments:

Post a Comment