Saturday, October 23, 2010

My antidepressant medicine elevates my heart rate slightly. Is that dangerous?

Log or short term? Bupropion/cymbaltaMy antidepressant medicine elevates my heart rate slightly. Is that dangerous?
It could be! Talk to your doctor/psychiatrist as soon as possible.
it could be a serious issue. I would talk to the doctor.
you will get a better answer from the Dr about this=good luck
Read the warnings that came with your medicine. If it was a prescription your pharmacist should have given you a sheet of paper describing all possible side effects.
Your hospital might even have one of those free "ask a nurse" services where you call in and talk with a nurse on staff.
Over time you'll develop more of a sensitivity to the antidepressant so you should report this side effect to your Physician. It's not dangerous, but over a long period of time it could damage your heart.
I take Bupropion and it made my heart rate go up for about the first week I took it. Then my system got used to it and my heart didn't race so much. But it still treated my depression, so it all worked out okay.
Anyway, be sure to ask your doctor! Your doctor's a professional and we're just a bunch of people on the internet :P You probably won't even have to go in for an appointment; just give your doctor a call.

No comments:

Post a Comment