Wednesday, October 20, 2010

My 15 year old daughter says she feels light headed, she feels dizzy .?

She started filling like this yesterday during dinner. She says it is a little better today , but still feels woosy.My 15 year old daughter says she feels light headed, she feels dizzy .?
I have what is called Labyrinthitis (a chronic inner ear disorder.) When I was first afflicted with it, I noticed NO PAIN in my ears or head but I would get attacks of dizziness (vertigo,) nausea, "the spins" and faitness for no reason. Once I thougt I was having a stroke! I also had days where I was clumsy as hell and had trouble balancing.
When I finally got it diagnosed my doc told me there's really not a whole lot you can do to "cure" it but you can treat the symptoms with motion sickness meds like Bonine, Dramamine or Meclizine (Antivert.) Either way, sounds like your daughter might just have a run-of-the-mill ear infection.
take her to the doctor... it could be nothing or it could be an ear infection. and if she has an ear infection long enough it could build up scar tissue and she could, later in years, become deaf in said ear... true story
Well, aside from the obvious (drugs & alcohol) she could possibly have really low blood sugar. That makes you light headed and dizzy. How long had it been since she ate last?
Is she pregnant?
possibly a panic attack
i would say ear infection, even allergies
if doc checks her for drugs,mono,flu,infection(eye.e... all ok,,dizziness sometimes caused by foods,eg,chocolate.colas,maybe corn syrup,,,,,hope shes not prego.
inner ear trouble have her checked out with your dr.

No comments:

Post a Comment