Saturday, October 23, 2010

My daughter is Lexapro and also taking Depo Provera shots, could the 2 combined together cause nightmares?

She takes 15mg. Lexapro and the Depo Provera shots once every three months. Every night she is having nightmares. Could this be from the two or is something subconsciously be bothering her? PLEASE help us figure this out!!!!!!My daughter is Lexapro and also taking Depo Provera shots, could the 2 combined together cause nightmares?
Lexapro is an antidepressant and works to regulate brain chemistry. I've been on Lexapro for 3 years now and also Depo shots and never had nightmares. Once I started taking another psych medication, it created nightmares but that is a common side effect from this medication. I would have her track her dreams and discuss with doctor if they become disruptive to her sleep.
If this started happening after the addition of the new drug, then I would suspect the combination are having psychological affects.
I mean, she's on a psychiatric med, and then on hormones...definitely not out of the question.
Also, with my mom, B vitamins give her nightmares, specifically B12.
Is she taking vitamins? If so, that could be her culprit.
i'm also on lexapro and my dreams have increased in activity and weirdness but i don't mind,if i remember them i try to figure out if something was bugging me that day
oh yes! contact your Dr. and soon!
this page says no. check with your Md.
There are some side affects, good ol lexapro website doesn't have posted, I lost alot of hair, in clumps taking lex, so in my experience anything can be a side affect to this drug..so I would contact your doctor or a different doctor to get a second opinion

No comments:

Post a Comment